Studio d'Artisan SP-067 Marron 40th Anniversary Jeans
This variant is currently sold out
Studio d'Artisan SP-067 Maroon 40th Anniversary Jeans Relax Tapered
- Limited 40th Anniversary collection
- Marron symbolises "Autumn"
- 15oz rinsed selvedge denim from the original more than 50 years old G3 Toyoda shuttle loom
- 100% cotton
- relaxed tapered fit with some space in top block and a moderate taper
- rope dyed deep indigo warp yarn, special chestnut -dye weft
- special 40th Anniversary cow hide patch
- hidden back pocket rivets
- hidden coin pocket selvage
- tons of other details
- inseam 83cm
Made in Japan
"Chestnuts are familiar to Japanese people that have been grown and eaten since the Jomon period. This dye extracts the pigment from the hard shell of the well-known Tamba chestnut. The natural light brown color gives great depth to the indigo color.
Since ancient times, Japanese people love to watch the appearance of mountains in each season and make poems or songs to express their feelings as well as enjoy wearing clothes dyed with the season's beautiful plants. However, under the influence of the industrial revolution in Europe, chemical dyes which dye easily in small quantities began to spread in the middle of the Meiji era. Because of that, the Japanese traditional colors which had been developed over many years have been disappeared from everyday life. Japanese traditional dyeing with plant seeds, roots or flowers is now staying no further than a traditional handicraft. D'ARTISAN made original denim that expresses the four seasons of Japan by “ Natural plant dyeing”, traditional dyeing since ancient times in Japan. We will be grateful if you wear in these delicate and gentle colors of Japanese traditional plants and feel the elegance of nature."