The stripes strike back! We have restocked the best of the best from the traditional French company Armor Lux.
We have these striped classics in the store since 2011! And there are obvious reasons for that:
- great quality of used cotton
- nicely crafted, all made in Brittany, France
- very nice value to money ratio
- social and enviromental responsible production
- classic, or better said CLASSIC look with all the stripes
Here is more detailed look on the history of striped shirt:
When, on 27th March 1858, the official decree listed the new clothing for the French Navy, it described in detail the “common service blue knit” that sailors and quarter-masters should wear under their uniform jacket. The width of the stripes, their number on the sleeves, the size of the neckline, everything is referenced with standard military rigour.
But those who designed this striped knit, which aimed to help locate a man who had fallen overboard or was engaged in dangerous manoeuvres, never imagined the surprising destiny of those nautical stripes when fashion took them to chic seaside resorts, from Cannes to Deauville.
more information about a long history of this brand HERE
We have just restocked a few classics from the huge Armor Lux selection:
- a bit thicker cotton fabric, Fair Trade sourced, long sleeves. That is Aviron.
- this is Mariniere "Houat", a diferrent fabric structure than Aviron, all year's favourite. We have it in a couple of colourways: Nature/Navire, Navire/Nature and Navire/Braise. All of them are lovely and nice, obviously...
The new addition are the teeshirt Crewneck and tanktop Débardeur made of very light cotton fabric. Comes only in white. Those are perfect for hot summer days or you can use them as an undershirt with your Aloha shirt!